Today on the blog I’m talking quinoa and sharing a really easy recipe, which packs a serious punch when it comes to flavour. My quinoa & asparagus muffin recipe and many others like it can be found on Woolworths’ new Guide to Goodness Hub on their website. This hub features lots of great information about their fantastic Macro range including hints, tips and delicious recipes.
Quinoa (pronounced Keen-Wah) is fast becoming one of the most popular superfoods because it has varieties which are a source of fibre, protein and iron, which is music to the ears of any vegetarian or vegan. Quinoa looks like a grain and is prepared and cooked like a grain but it is actually a seed and is related the spinach and beets families.
In both my 8 week programs quinoa features a lot due to its high nutritional value, ….to be honest there is nothing I don’t love about this amazing little seed!
Quinoa is so versatile and can be used in so many different dishes, sweet or savoury. Here are some ways you can use Quinoa:
- Quinoa can be used in place of your usual pasta or rice dishes
- It can be added into soups or casseroles as a thickening agent and also to add flavour
- Quinoa comes in flakes as well which is a fantastic option for those who are gluten free and can’t eat oats for breakfast
- The normal cooked quinoa can also accompany a delicious breakfast bowl by simply adding in some nuts, seeds, cinnamon, berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Due to quinoa’s nutty flavour it can easily be used in desserts
- It can easily be added into quiches or muffins
- It can be used instead of breadcrumbs whether you are crumbing some chicken with them or you are using them in meatballs or meatloaf
- Quinoa is a winner when it comes to salad, here is a link to one of my favourites: http://kimbeach.com/free-resources/recipes/quinoa-salad/http://kimbeach.com/free-resources/recipes/quinoa-asparagus-muffins-from-my-new-kimbeachlife-app/
- Quinoa can easily be cooked in the rice cooker.
As I mentioned earlier I want to share with you a really quick and easy quinoa recipe that I hope you will love. Out of all the Quinoa recipes I have made in the past this one has to be the best when it comes to flavour.
Sponsored by Woolworths